Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UHF bands from the 23cm band or above discussion...

Go down

UHF bands from the 23cm band or above discussion... Empty UHF bands from the 23cm band or above discussion...

Post  G7VGG Mon May 04, 2009 7:21 pm

If you want to discuss anthing about the UHF bands from 23cm or above, or your 23cm band or above radio equipment, or your 23cm band or above antennas, please post your messages here.
Alf (G7VGG)
G7VGG
G7VGG
Admin

https://g7vgg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UHF bands from the 23cm band or above discussion... Empty 23cms Transverter Circuit Diagrams?

Post  G7VGG Thu May 07, 2009 7:50 am

Hi all.
I have a Yaesu FT-847, which covers every current Ham band from 160m to 70cms as standard.
I have long been interested in working the 23cms band but unfortunately, the FT-847 does'nt cover 23cms.
I am therefore interested in finding an inexpensive Transverter to give me mulitmode access to 23cms, using my FT-847 as the IF.
After searching around extensively I found that ready-built 23cms Transverters are extremely hard to come by so I realise that I may have no option but to build my own, but of course I first need to find a circuit diagram.
If anyone knows of any suitably simple circuit diagrams for 23cms transverters I would be exceedingly gratefull if you could post them here.
Thanks.
Alf.
G7VGG
G7VGG
Admin

Back to top Go down

UHF bands from the 23cm band or above discussion... Empty I''ve just won a 23cm FM mobile rig on ebay.

Post  G7VGG Thu May 14, 2009 6:20 pm

I've just won an ebay auction for an extremely rare Yaesu FT-2311R 23cm FM mobile transceiver on ebay, so I guess I wont need to build a transverter now. Very Happy
The FT-2311R has CTCSS installed and it has a maximum RF output of 10 Watts (reducable to 1 Watt) so I should have no problem accessing the two local 23cm repeaters, GB3FM and GB3BK from my QTH.
G7VGG
G7VGG
Admin

Back to top Go down

UHF bands from the 23cm band or above discussion... Empty Had it two days now...

Post  G7VGG Wed May 20, 2009 7:13 pm

...And I've had nothing but problems with it! No
Because the backup battery needs to be replaced the radio needed reprogramming when it arrived and a note was included giving the correct procedure, but I did'nt realise that a very vital peice of information was missed out.
First I set the lower frequency limit and then the upper frequency limit, but I got the upper limit wrong by mistake and after that it would only scan from what I thought was 1024 to 1030MHz.
However Ive just been told that the first digit for the frequency display is'nt actually displayed Shocked so its means that what I actually set it to was 1102.400 to 1103.000 MHz instead! affraid
I managed to reset it this morning so I could reprogram it wit the correct frequencies but again because I did'nt realise the first digit is'nt actually displayed, what I thought at the time was 1024.000 to 1300.000MHz was actually 1102.400 to 1130.000MHz!
Apparently, 1024.000 and 1300.000 MHz will be displayed as 024.000 and 300.000.
That will explain why I could'nt access my two local repeaters, or hear anyone on the band at all. Embarassed
I'm currently trying to get it to reset again so I can reprogram it again.

Update: I cut the wires going to the failing backup battery and soldered them to a thin pair of twisted wires, about 6 inches long. The other end of each wire was stripped back a couple of mm and I simply taped the bared wires to the positive and negative poles of the replacement Lithium button battery with PVC insulating tape.
It now scans from 1240.000MHz to 1400MHz Very Happy
Then I discovered that Maplins sells Lithium battery holders for just 45p so I bought one and I plan to fit it as soon as it is practical.
G7VGG
G7VGG
Admin

Back to top Go down

UHF bands from the 23cm band or above discussion... Empty Re: UHF bands from the 23cm band or above discussion...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down