Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Antenna

Go down

Mystery Antenna Empty Mystery Antenna

Post  Mike Mon May 02, 2011 6:02 pm

I bought a antenna at our club junk sale, it is an HF vertical and consists of a plastic tube sixteen and a half ins long by two and a half ins in dia caped of each end by three quarter in nylon through the top comes an ali tube 4ins by 1in in diameter with a grub screw in through the bottom comes the same in plastic,inside the tube are coils and it has 5 long what look like ground planes but are tuning stubs that fit around the bottom each one made in three sections joined by chrome joiners with alen screws and they stick out 2ins then angle down like a discone all rods have a different length for a different frequency and rods and holes are marked accordingly 80 - 40 - 20 - 15 - 10 my guess is that a vertical tube fitted over the 1in dia tube coming out the top, but its not there the top is caped off with a plastic cap that pulls of easily,so I thought that the cap came off the piece of vertical tube was pushed on poss a tunned length then the grub screw tightened up and the cap put on the top of the vertical tube to seal it.does anybody now this antenna at all and could give me info Yours Mike.

Mike

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum